Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Enough with the videos already

When Ella was just a few months old, I told people that she was the nicest person I'd ever met.

Everyone was like, whatever, of course a baby is nice. But maybe this is that "mother's instinct" thing people keep talking about because I insisted it was different, unexplainable. She is just really, really nice.

And she is proving that maybe I do have mother's instinct after all (which I doubted because I never felt, like some people say they do, whether I was having a boy or a girl until the Ultrasound told me).

Yesterday, while hanging out in the living room, Ella walked up to me and said "besos." And then she gave me a kiss. She did the same to Marina, though Marina didn't see this as nice at all.

Then, Ella walked up to me and said something I'd never heard her say before, so it took a minute to figure it out: ovu.

What? Ovu?

Wait. Did she just say I love you? She did!

She said Ovu and then gave me a kiss. And then she said Ovu to Marina and gave her a kiss.

Sooo nice, right? Right?

(And props to Marina for not saying "don't love me.")

1 comment:

Jacky said...

Or, "don't love on me:-)"
That is so adorable...can't wait to see her and Marina and you too, soon!