Saturday, July 4, 2009

Dear Marina,

Remember when you were crooked in my belly and you were pushing on my back until I cried and felt like I could have died?

Remember when you had newborn eye gunk and when your hair stuck up like a tiny rooster?



Remember when we'd go to the movies in a theater full of other freaked out new moms? And remember how you'd sleep through all of them until we went to see Marie Antoinette and the colors and music had you fascinated and you stayed awake the entire time even though you were only four months old?

Remember when you got the stomach flu and then gave it to me and your dad and none of us could move for 24 hours?

Remember the first time you got ice cream at Mariposa and how we'd go there when I was pregnant with Ella and drink chocolate and vanilla shakes?

Remember when we went to Ensenada and you played in the pool and ate guacamole?


Remember how that's the trip where you became best friends with your dad?



Remember how you were obsessed with the graduation song and we'd listen to that tune three times a day for six months?

Remember how you were the loudest singer at your school recital?

I remember all those things and so much more.



Happy Birthday, my big girl.

1 comment:

m. said...

happy birth day, dear nina v. just look at her face... i see you and mattie there, so much love. —mops