Thursday, March 10, 2011

Charter school fail

The reason I have not written about the Explorer Elementary open house is because I DID NOT KNOW ABOUT IT!

How did this happen? I thought I knew everything there was to know about all schools.

Earlier this week, Explorer - also known as the most magical institution of learning in San Diego - held an open house to explain its philosophy and show the campus to families that have applied.

I knew this was happening. The school said they'd be sending me an email with the time and date of the event. But the email never showed up. And because we've been moving, I sort of lost track of time and ended up missing it.

You dont even know how fast I picked up the phone. Apparently, they do have me on the list and if I get in, they'll have a tour just for accepted students.

From what I heard through other parents, however, Explorer is as amazing as its reputation. They don't have competition there. Or traditional text books. Or tons of homework. They encourage positive language and project learning.

It's the one school that could completely derail this La Jolla plan and I so desperately wish I hadn't missed it. If anyone out there attended, I'd love to hear your opinion.

No comments: