Saturday, June 4, 2011

The end of kinderchat

A few weeks ago, I got a phone call from Benchley-Weinberger, the school I put at the top of my Choice list.

We got in.

So, if we wouldn't have moved our choices would have been BW or SDCCS (Co-op), two pretty wonderful options. It felt odd to turn down the Co-op. But it hurt my heart in an unexpected way to decline the offer from Benchley.

Either way, the decision is done. We're signed up at our neighborhood school (pictured).



Now I can go back to obsessing about other things, like:

1. Will my kids ever eat an actual vegetable? (Carrots don't count.)

2. How long will I last in La Jolla without a lululemon athletica outfit? (My aunt already gave me one, so I guess the answer is two months.)

3. Should I go to my high school reunion? (Should I?)

4. If I take two little kids to the Del Mar Fair will I lose one of them? (And will I get them addicted to fried food?)

5. Why can't I get into Adele? (Also: as already mentioned on the San Diego airwaves, Fleet Foxes.)

6. When will I write a book? (Not as long as "Parks & Rec," "Parenthood," "Friday Night Lights" and "Community" are on TV.)

7. Why am I so loyal to NBC? (And Bravo, an NBC affiliate.)

8. Why can I only get 45 words max on iPad Boggle? (It's more of a puzzle than a word game, if you ask me.)

9. Why do I look longingly at mini vans? (Answer: the automatic sliding doors.)

10. What should we do for Matt's 40th birthday? (Please send suggestions!)

3 comments:

Maya said...

#3: Yes.

#9: I heard Alex is thinking of selling Blanche Devereaux, his very manly, automatic-sliding-door-equipped perinwinkle-colored minivan. Just sayin'...

(Maya)

nina said...

How can anyone get rid of a car named Blanche Devereax?

avantard said...

I can't get into Fleet Foxes either. And I've tried... so hard...