Friday, December 30, 2011

2011 Year in Review

I don't normally do year in review things, but 2011 was so weird and so much happened - and at the same time, so many things are about to change in 2012, too - so why not take some time to reflect on the last 12 months?

TOP EVENTS

1. Moving to La Jolla



2. Going part-time: this is where I was when that decision was being made for me.




3. Starting kindergarten




4. Matt turning 40 / trip to San Francisco



5. Awkward 20th high school reunion cocktail party. Check out my fancy hair and makeup.



6. Visits from Mops (and Pops!) and Barnaby (Please send photos!)

7. Getting a new sister-in-law and Aunt Nicole / Alex and Nicole moving away



8. Getting stuck in the elevator. And rescued.




9. The sad, slow death of our fish, Sparkly Rainbow Flowers. RIP.

10. Getting a new, part-time job

TOP SONGS:

Ella's favorite:


Marina's favorite:


My favorite:


Matt's favorite: "Regina Spektor Pandora station."

TOP MOVIES

Nina: "Blue Valentine" (technically released in 2010, but I saw it in 2011), "Bridesmaids" Amodovar's "The Skin I Live In"
Matt: "Hugo," "Melancholia"
Marina and Ella: "Rio," "Winnie the Pooh," "Muppets"

MORE 2011 SNAPSHOTS







2 comments:

m. said...

que brillan, querido...

Barbara Gavin said...

Nice post, great photos.

Can I ask, at th risk of seeming out of touch...what is your part time job?