Monday, April 16, 2012

The return

Hello again!

It looks like I have returned from hiatus.

My schedule will soon be changing and there will be more room for writing. I sort of gave up on myself as a writer for a while. I know I've hinted at it over the years, like that whole thing about being a nurse and volunteering at a hospital. And the giant ego-blow that happened with going part time.

But I finally did try something else, and even though I enjoyed the work, not writing on a daily basis didn't feel right and it reinforced who I really am.

Then, this morning I turned on the Today show, which is something I rarely do. And who was on but Heather Armstrong of Dooce, the blogger who inspired me to even start Cost of Beans.

It's obviously a sign.

I'm not sure what's going to happen to this space. Will it be only about kids? Will I include pop culture? Will I link to stories from work? I have no idea.

But that in itself is pretty exciting.

No comments: