Thursday, October 8, 2009

In which I turn into a plant lady

It's no fun moving from a luxury house to a much smaller furlough house with no central air and wobbly window screens. So I decided that to make myself feel better about it all, I was going to invest a plant biome.



Isn't it so amazing? It's made by a local artist who specializes in cactus and succulents and puts them in glass orbs like this. Many of them are tiny and are meant to hang from the ceiling. But I wanted a big one that could be mounted on the wall. She created quite a world in there.



And perhaps my proudest moment since I moved away from my parents house was figuring out how to mount it. I hung this! All alone!



Since my purchase, I have collected four more plants for the house. Most people know my history with plants and it's not good. So I really hope my new little green family lasts more than a month.

1 comment:

m. said...

rats. i meant to do a whole HBD number. blew it. but you know i love you. xoxoxo hbd-1d.