Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A working kitchen

Ohmygod, you don't even want to know what's been happening in my kitchen.

Actual cooking. With multiple ingredients. And sauces that thicken.

I took a cooking class on my birthday called Mac and Cheese 101 and while I was there, I bought a toddler cookbook along with a few gadgets, like a super deluxe apple slicer and a pizza cutter.

Since then, I've been on a roll. I am cooking, like, all the time.
Here are some things I made:

1. Treasure Triangles, which was basically a black bean and banana paste inside a puff pastry. Result: Kids did not eat it.

2. Mac and Cheese that was not from a box. Result: Everyone ate it.

3. Zucchini and avocado soup. Result: Gross.

4. Pan fried chicken and gravy. Yes! Gravy! It worked! Result: Awesomeness.

How long do you think this will last?

2 comments:

m. said...

hahahaaa.... i love you nina v. really.

Barbara Gavin said...

black bean and banana paste? Yuck...
but i would have liked the soup, I bet!
keep it up as long as you have fun!