Saturday, January 23, 2010

Sister stories

Last night, after an hour of Marina and Ella playing and jumping and running around in their room instead of sleeping, I went in there and tried to be all authoritative.

"Come on, Ella, let's go. You're sleeping in the other room."
Ella was like, out of my crib? Sweet! So she willingly came with me. Unfortunately, we don't have another bed in the computer/play room and she was basically on the verge of calling my bluff.

So I said, "Ella, you can't play anymore. You have to sleep on the floor in this room."

Don't get huffy. I wasn't really going to make her sleep on the floor. And Marina was well aware of this because right then, she came in the computer room and gave Ella the old "com'ere" finger motion.

I told Marina to go back to her room and Marina said, "I'm taking Ella. She's mine."

That little story was basically a long intro for me to post these pictures I took when we went on the Merry-Go-Round last month. Ella was kinda freaked out, so Marina helped her out:





And will you look at that? Marina's wearing pants for once. (She only wears dresses these days.)