Tuesday, March 2, 2010

An afternoon at the book store

Alternate title: Can you pick out the Jewish child?

Scene: Ella constructing a circle around herself with tiny stuffed animals, which includes (but is not limited to) a raccoon, a bunny and Big Bird. The circle looks very much like a "circle time" would at school.

Key: Davening is a way of saying praying. I told you already, her school is very religious.



Marina: Ella, are you davening?

Ella: No, I'm not. I'm doing Christmas.

Marina: What?

Ella: I'm doing Christmas.

Marina: But . . . you're Jewish.

Ella: I'm not Jewish. I'm Christmas.

Marina: What, are you crazy?

End scene.

1 comment:

M said...

i love this. barnaby made circles of his toys when he was little. and then sit in the center and hum. davening to the naked eye. i always thought he was being Buddhist.