Thursday, August 9, 2007

A better-than-average afternoon

Stuff we did today:

1. Went to the Balboa Park dog park.
Except no one told us the grass was all gross from all the dog pee. And that a lot of the dogs there were way bigger than you. So for the first time in your life, you pointed at your stroller and asked for me to push you away.

2. Had snacks.
So we went to the other side of Balboa Park. To the area where my grade school, which is two blocks away, used to have P.E. class. Only it's kind of sketch in the afternoons. Or if you're there without a bunch of other sixth graders and teachers. I never realized how many creepy men walk around there. But we had a few dried apples, waved at tourists and moved on.

3. Got some tea (iced).
I wasn't ready to sit around our crampy, messy house quite yet. So we stopped at this cafe by where I used to live. It's had a lot of different names. But right now it's called Cream. We shared a lemon scone. And you were being so cute, sitting on the bench and playing peek-a-boo with people. Unfortunately, Cream is pretty much the geekiest place in town. It was all full of nerdy guys, their iBooks and headphones. No one played with you. And that's when you start babbling very very loudly and the geeks finally looked up. So we left.

4. Went shopping
At the boutique next door, called Neighborhood. Which has tons of cute things, none of which I can wear because of the baby growing at a really ridiculous pace in my belly. You, however, walked in, saw a pair of red, suede ankle boots and pulled them off the shelf. Like I've said: you = cooler than me.

5. Ate flowers
Finally, we went to the greatest park, ever. I think it's called Trolley Barn Park? Anyway, it has tons of toys to climb. And a super bumpy slide that maybe I shouldn't have tried. You went straight to the plants and picked a flower that smelled like grapefruit. Then while you were swinging, you ate some of it and almost choked. But you didn't. And we came home tired, happy and full of dirt.

No comments: