Thursday, August 16, 2007

You are cute 100 percent of the time. But . . .

This is what you look like 25 seconds before you throw a tantrum.

See how enormous my smile is? That's because I'm trying to stop it from happening. But it never works.

This tantrum right here is diaper related. You don't like diapers. You don't like sitting still. And together this equals a level 9 meltdown. Lately, I've been able to tame them to a level 4 by letting you put baby powder all over yourself.

But the tantrums that reach level 10 are actually the oddest of all.

Level 10s happen because I won't let you pull a straw in and out of a drink.
This makes you very mad because, obviously, putting a straw through a tiny hole is a big deal for you. And splashing sticky lemonade all over my clothes is super fun!
The ultimate point to this game, of course, is to drop the straw on the floor and stick your hands in the glass of water/juice/slushee/milkshake. And OHMYGOD if I don't let you do this then YOU WILL THROW YOUR HEAD BACK AND SCREAM. And you do not care if we are at a restaurant or at the park, or even better, my office

No comments: