Sunday, December 9, 2007

Why he gets paid more than me

The person who sort-of set me up with your Daddy said these things about him before our first date:

1. "Matt can be very stubborn. You can tell him the sky is blue and he'll argue that it's green."
2. "The best thing about Matt is that he wears his heart on his sleeve."

I didn't really understand what she meant at the time.

The stubborn thing, that one I caught on to after I suggested that his almost albino skin could benefit from a bit of sunscreen, to which he said "thanks Mom" and then did not call me for three days.

But the heart on sleeve comment, I did not have to wait very long to figure out what that meant. Three weeks, actually. Which is how long it took for us to exchange the I Love Yous.

You, however, won't even have to wait three weeks to understand what that comment means because your Daddy has started his own blog:

http://keystothecenteroftheuniverse.blogspot.com

As you can see, it's way better than this one. There's no sarcasm or a need to be jokey or whatever. It's just an honest account of how much he loves you and your sister and me. And we're so lucky to be able to read it all in his own words. Even if it means putting up with Cranky Ricardo every now and then. (See, your Daddy would never feel the need to add that last sentence.)

Anyway, Happy almost Birthday to Daddy.

No comments: