Friday, April 18, 2008

Fire alarm dance

Thanks to you, we've discovered the panic button in our new house.

The other day we were just sitting in the kitchen - you, me, Ella and your teacher, Diana, who is taking care of you during the school's Passover break.
And you touched that little cartoon picture of fire on the alarm system. I mean, who wouldn't touch that picture? It's all small and cute in a Smokey the Bear kind of way.

And this is what happens when you touch that button, the house goes: OOOOOOH OOOOOOH OOOOOOH! OOOOOOH OOOOOOH OOOOOOH!

Which isn't really a big deal if you know how to turn it off. But when you don't know how to make it stop and the house is screaming OOOOOOH OOOOOOH OOOOOOH! OOOOOOH OOOOOOH OOOOOOH! for twenty minutes, it's kind of jarring.

Silly me was actually concerned that the noise would be too distressing for you.

But instead of running scared and freaking out the way you do when you see a vacuum cleaner or hairdryer, you stood in the middle of the kitchen, naked, and started dancing.

It was your own private dance club. OOOOOOH OOOOOOH OOOOOOH! Where you waved your arms in the air. OOOOOOH OOOOOOH OOOOOOH! And bounced up and down. OOOOOOH OOOOOOH OOOOOOH! As if you were never sick in the first place.

And how did we turn it off? I had to awkwardly introduce myself to the neighbor, who happens to be a contractor. And he had to climb in the attic (did you read that? in the attic? that I didn't know we even had?) and power it down.

I have a 20 second video of this I took on my phone. I can't figure out how to post it. Stay tuned. Or text me for a preview copy.

No comments: