Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Bento!

I've been bringing lunch to work for about six weeks now and I decided I needed a better place to put all my food than a gross, old Albertson's bag.
So now I'm using a Bento box! Well, it's really an American version of a Bento, and it's also designed for kids, but who cares, it's still cute and inspires me to make fun food.

Take a look at my first attempt:



Back there you see a mozarella and tomato salad with a cute little container that has olive oil in it.
There's also a turkey pita sandwich that I had to cut into small triangles to make it fit, but! The cuteness!
Then there's carrot sticks and hummus and greek yogurt with oranges.

If only the girls ate this stuff, making lunch would be my new favorite thing.

2 comments:

susanne said...

how much to make me lunches?

Barbara Gavin said...

Very cute.
I like the numerous compartments and the related portion control.