Saturday, April 18, 2009

In which I allow myself to brag

Because this is my blog, not just the place for baby news, I feel I can congratulate myself for a second.

This week I made it to the gym five days in a row! Me! I did that!

Monday, instead of eating lunch at my desk, I took a noon spin class.

I wanted to spice things up on Tuesday afternoon so I walked into this thing called RepReebok not realizing it was weightlifting. I took this class by another name religiously before my wedding and it did good things, so I was all about it. Even though it took two full days to be able to lift my arms again.

Wednesday called for a quick session on the elliptical.

Thursday is my 6:30 a.m. spin class, which I like because the teacher leaves the lights on and gives us vocabulary word trivia and quotes.

Friday I went to an evening spin class with my first male instructor. There is a major difference, like the selection of terrible metal songs, screaming at us in a terrifying way and never letting us sit on the bike seat.

But, yay!

All right, so I felt I had to document this because it will probably not happen again.

And if you really want baby news here's some: they are napping but when they wake up we're going to try and go to international record store day to see some of my music friends.

1 comment:

Barbara Gavin said...

Good for you! It must be contagious, because I, too, went to the Y five days in a row.

But I will allow that it has to be much more difficult for you to coordinate everything. Your life has many more moving pieces than mine.

So, brag away!!