Thursday, August 20, 2009

Changes

So we're moving. Really soon, too.

Because of the furloughs at work, we couldn't really afford our house anymore. Well, we could afford it. We just couldn't buy the kids new clothes or shoes or fun dinners at Blind Lady without having a major panic attack about it.

Our new house is about a mile from where we are now and it's almost the same, except for more compact.

Change is happening at work too.

They're moving the remaining features writers into the main part of the newsroom. That means I'll be closer to Matt. I can't decide if that's weird or cool.

Also, Marina and Ella will be in new classes. And for the first time since we started going to this school, I will not have to get out of my car to pick them up!

While I get an extra 10 minutes of Steve Inskeep, the girls will be delivered to my car like a drive-through, yipee!

So we're all starting fresh and how appropriate that it falls right around the Jewish New Year.

See, I am a good Jewish girl.

3 comments:

hilahil said...

nina, that's all good stuff! i' a fan of change. and the drive-thru kid pick-up is genius!

m. said...

mazel tov sweetie!

--mops

Barbara Gavin said...

You sound like someone frantically trying to make lemonade. You are a great woman, Nina.