Monday, August 24, 2009

Cocktail hour

Last night we went to dinner at a friend's house and Ella had some "stomach trouble" - the kind that requires prunes.

My friend asked if she could make Ella a prune cocktail?

The other preschoolers at the table thought the word cocktail was pretty amazing. So immediately Marina and her friend, Asher, began asking about cocktails.

"Why is Ella getting a cocktail?"
"Can I have a cocktail?"
"Cocktail! Cocktail! Cocktail!"

All of a sudden my friend presented the kids with three glasses of water. The water had grapes and pieces of prune swimming around at the bottom, AND, they were served in cute cocktail glasses.
As if nothing, the three kids picked up their cocktails and sat around the table drinking, like little grown ups.

So now my kids love cocktails.

But wouldn't toddler cocktails be the greatest business idea, you guys?

Example:
Trouble sleeping? Belly up to the bar and try a chamomile cocktail!
Upset stomach? Here's the mint cocktail!

I'm totally down to open this up if anyone out there wants to send me some start-up cash.

No comments: