Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Ella's terrible, no-good day

If Ella was a grown up, yesterday would have been one of those days where she'd be all, "I need a drink."

It started off at school.
Ella is allergic to peanut butter, but has sunflower seed butter in her class to eat on the days they serve peanut butter snacks.

Yesterday she got a little impatient, took some kid's peanut butter cracker and BAM! Rash.

Later, I took the girls to the pool and in ten minutes, Ella hit her head on the edge of the pool. (No tears.) Then she got her head stuck in a chair and hit her chin. (Lots of tears.)

But then came the most horrible thing I have ever seen.

Ella wanted to slide and climbed up a very tall ladder. I wasn't standing right behind her and all of a sudden I see my baby fall from four very, very high rungs.

I saw her fall. In slow motion. Just suspended in mid-air. And then land on her back on a pile of sand.

Silence.

After a huge panic attack (by me) and screaming (by her) she is fine. Instead of asking for a glass of vodka, she requested her "paci."
Yes, she still uses a pacifier. Shoot me.

Can you imagine all that happening to you in a day?

I need a drink.

3 comments:

m. said...

ella ella ella bell...vey.

what a day.

i love you mops

Barbara Gavin said...

it is the silence that scared the be-jesus outa ya, huh?

hilahil said...

poor lil' peanut!