Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Keep trying

I'd like to show off my latest kitchen achievement:



Why, yes, that is a roast chicken with broccoli flourish. Did I buy that at Windmill Farms? Not this time.

Last weekend, I learned how to handle a raw chicken, how to remove slimy things from its body, how to stuff the empty space with lemons and garlic and how to turn it over while piping hot.

I obviously did not do this by myself. My friend, who makes amazing Thai food and acts like it's no big deal, is teaching me how to cook.

And, okay, she's the one who handled the slimy stuff. And flipped the hot chicken. And cut the broccoli. But I am totally confident I'll pull this off when I try it on my own ten years from now.

3 comments:

Jacky said...

Looks like a turkey:-) and is making me hungry!

susanne said...

didnt your mother ever teach you how to cook?

Barbara Gavin said...

Looks wondrous, Nina.
And - here is a secret - you don't *have* to flip the flipping chicken. I never do.