Sunday, November 8, 2009

Miss Tijuana

Because everyone is asking, here is the photo my artist friend, Derrik Chinn, took of me for his exhibit, "Quien Quiere Ser Miss Tijuana?" (Who wants to be Miss Tijuana?)

He assigned eight of us different neighborhoods and dressed us up all Almodovarian. I got an area called Chapultepec, which is where I spent a good part of my teenaged life. It's also sort of a fancy neighborhood, hence my gold dress, which also happens to be my original prom dress.
Anyway, the show opened in Tijuana over the weekend and it was spectacular. If you check his site some time this week (and are not offended by sexy comic books) I'm sure he'll post more photos.

I didn't win the crown but it was the closest I've ever come to being a pageant girl.
Gracias, Derrik.

3 comments:

m. said...

rocas diosa del glam!

(i hope that's even *close*...)

chica B, definitivamente!

xo

Barbara Gavin said...

rock goddess of glamour.
Yep, Marah's got it absolutely right!

Jacky said...

OOOOrale guera!