Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Ella's birthday

It isn't actually until November but we're already so! super! excited! because we got tickets to the Yo Gabba Gabba! live show!

Wooo!

It's happening four days after Ella's turns three. At such an early age, the girls will go to the magical arena that holds many of my favorite memories. Like Harlem Globe Trotters games. Or the Ice Capades. And later, much later, INXS and Depeche Mode concerts where I'd spend waaaay too much money on programs and posters.
I'm glad to be taking the girls to their first Sports Arena experience, if only so that when they one day watch "Almost Famous," they can say "that's the Sports Arena! In this movie! I've been there! My home town is famous! And I'm famous, too!" Or maybe that's just me.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Yo Gabba Gabba the same way I'd look forward to an actual, grownup concert with rum drinks and too much feedback.

Just watch one of my favorite clips and you'll see why:

DON'T EAT ME, I'M DIRTY!

To summarize:
1. Good lessons! Especially for clean freaks.
2. Bright colors. And lots of orange.
3. Complex indie-esque song structures
4. Talking crackers.

No comments: