Thursday, June 24, 2010

College-bound

Ever since we saw Toy Story 3, where Andy goes off to college, the girls have been asking me lots of questions about college, especially the concept of sleep-away school.

Marina: Did you go to sleep-away college?
Me: No, I went to stay-at-home college, but Daddy went to sleep-away college.
Marina: Um . . . I think I will go to stay-at-home college.
Me: OK.
Marina: What is sleep-away college like?
Me: If you go to sleep-away college you get to go to bed whenever you want. You get to watch TV whenever you want. And if you want to eat candy for dinner, you can.
Ella: I'M GOING TO SLEEP-AWAY COLLEGE.
Marina: And if we go to stay-at-home college can we do that?
Me: No, you will still have to follow the rules.
Marina: OK, I will go to sleep-away college.
Ella: I'M NEVER GOING TO BED!!!

3 comments:

susanne said...

tis is sooooo funny! thanks for capturing.

Barbara Gavin said...

Wait till Ella is juggling a job, a boyfriend, three papers, and two midterms. When she is so tired she would pay money for a good eight hours.
Or maybe that is just me, maybe college is easier or different these days?

PS - I love "sleep away school". Did they get that from sleep away camp?

M said...

we love ella!