Saturday, July 28, 2007

Mom

As we all know, you can say DAAAD. And you say it all the time. Lately, you've even been saying DAAADY, which is just not fair at all.

Me, I don't have a name. Or maybe you think my name is "Eh. Eh. Eh. Eh."
All I know is when you say "mam" you actually mean food. Which, if you think about how you nursed until you were 7-months-old, it makes total sense.

But! On Saturday!
We went to swim class. And because I am six months pregnant, I decided it was time DAAAD put on the bathing suit and sang "Up, Down, Splash, Splash" for a change.

I knew you were going to cry a little bit. Which you did.

What I did not expect was for you to spot me across the room during "Up, Down, Splash, Splash" and yell "MAAAMAAA! MAAMAAA" at the top of your lungs, desperately reaching out to me so I could be sure that you did not, in fact, mean you wanted some of those apple snacks in my purse.
This time, Mama meant me!

And even though you were making quite a scene, it was the sweetest moment, I think, ever.

No comments: