Monday, July 23, 2007

Reality Check

So, sometimes I feel sorry for myself because of how I don't have a social life anymore.

In my head, I was really living it up before you were born - going to shows, staying out all night, drinking the vodka
But then I found some old diaries.

Here's what I did on October 17, 1990: "Jenny + Nicole + Carla + I went to the football game for, like, 15 minutes. Then we went to McDonalds."

You think it would get better. But here's what I did exactly nine years later.

October 17, 1999: "Well I'm at home and not going anywhere and I feel fine about it."

So there you have it, Beans. I don't understand why I would ever think that those days could ever be as much fun as drinking juice boxes with you and DAAAD at a crazy baby disco party.



(And just so you know, DAAAD is wearing red polyester pants.)

No comments: