Thursday, November 1, 2007

She can read?

It's a long story that I won't get into, but your Gima has been telling people that you can read.

I know you can't read. It's ridiculous. I mean, what 15-month-old reads?
Seriously.

But it's a good thing she wasn't around for last night's story time.

You went to your box of books and gave DAAAD this:



Because you can't read, I will tell you that this book is in Spanish. And while DAAAD knows many Spanish words, he doesn't read books en Espanol.

Still, DAAAD opened the book and said the English words from memory. But he paused a few times and it was clear he needed some help.
You got out of his lap and went over to the box.
This is what you grabbed:




Which, OK, is pretty weird.
But, could still be a coincidence, right?

Then, as if trying to prove that your Gima is not just an overly-proud grandmother, but someone who knows what she's talking about, you took the Spanish version and handed it to me.

Um. ?

No comments: