Tuesday, March 11, 2008

You're going to wear the Badgley Mischka and you're going to love it.

Today I started packing my closet.
There's six years worth of stuff in there and most of it I forgot I owned. Like, how I'm always looking for a nice, short-sleeved hoodie type thing? And I never have one? So I buy a cheap one at Target until I find the one I know I have somewhere?
Do you know how many short-sleeved hoodie type things I found today?
ALL OF THEM.
All the ones I've ever bought. They were sitting in a box, apparently specifically for just these sweaters. Only I forgot the box even existed. Because you came along and then your sister and all that turned my brain to survival mode, which means it blocks out things like what box is for what.
Anyway.
I also found a box of dresses. In it was the pink Badgley Mischka gown I wore to the Oscars. A dress I will probably never wear again. But instead of donating it or giving it away, I kept it.
I kept it for you and Ella. Not that this is extraordinary or anything, but it's the first time I've kept anything with the intention of passing it down. Like my first mom right of passage? So as the former writer of Passages, I felt it sort of my duty to mention it.

No comments: