Sunday, June 22, 2008

The one where the panda falls down.

We had a lot of firsts in our house this weekend.
I could easily just write all the momentous events right here and get it over with. But instead I'm going to roll them off slowly so that I can a) look like a prolific writer and b) keep all you readers coming back for more. (By readers I mean Mom. Hey Mom.)

So the first big thing that happened is I took you to a movie. In the movie theater. Can you guess what movie it was?



You were so excited you sat in your own seat. And when I went to get a booster for you, you opted to stay in your seat and wait. BY YOURSELF. And you didn't freak out.
Which is crazy because today a tiny piece of ocean water touched your toe and you wouldn't let me put you down the rest of the day. But sit alone in a dark movie theater? No problem. Oh. Wait. That is going to be trouble later on, I think.

Anyway. So I actually reviewed Kung Fu Panda and thought it would be appropriate. I didn't realize we'd have to sit through pretty violent Star Wars cartoon previews. And I forgot that the first five minutes of the Panda movie are all dark and fighty. So within five minutes you were all "Ok. All done."

We ended up staying a total of 25 minutes. Because every time that darn clumsy panda fell down, you really really got stressed. You were THAT kid in the theater that cried "OH NO! Panda fall down!!"

2 comments:

Kim said...

I'm offended. My name is not Mom and I read your blog!

-- Kim Stoutamire (p.s. I never check this email.)

Barbara Gavin said...

Yeah - what Kim said.
Plus Doug reads it, and Mara and probably half of Rockport.
And my friend Jessica, who thinks you have a cool job and cool kids.