Sunday, June 1, 2008

A letter to Green Day

Dear Billie Joe Armstrong,
While I think it's great that you and your friends decided to play undercover garage band last week, your super tiny Belly Up concert made it so that I had to work last Monday.
This isn't really a big deal or anything, but it did make me miss this:

Ella's first bike ride.



I mean, it's not like we are a crazy bike family. Actually, the last time I was on a bike was on my honeymoon in Nantucket. So it's not all that devastating. Still, even though your fans are very nice and obviously dedicated to you, not one was as cute as this. I mean, just look at her chubby cheeks!



So yeah, it was kind of a bummer. I'm not blaming you, but perhaps next time you can tour on a day when the babies are in daycare and the only thing I'll miss is a temper tantrum.
Oh, also, I feel I need to add that my mother's green car is purely coincidental and has nothing to do with any bands with which you are affiliated.



Love,
Nina

No comments: