Wednesday, May 28, 2008

This is what will kill me one day

Remember that day I took you to the park when I shouldn't have?

You would've thought I learned my lesson that day. But I did not. So I took you to the neighborhood pool even after you specifically told me you wanted to go home and "watch Totoro."

But I got all paranoid that I'm turning you into an Anime nerd. One of those kids who hates the outdoors and watches Japanese cartoons about space all day long. No. That will not be you.

So I took you to the pool because they have a playground area. And without going into detail, let's just say you had a series of tantrums that ended with you being naked and muddy and in tears.

By the time I calmed you down and got you out the door, you turned to look back at the pool and said: "Fun!"

And that's when I wished very hard for a glass of vodka.

1 comment:

Turista Libre said...

All vices, including anime (specifically Miyazaki anime, not space station occupied vampires of the future anime), are permissible. Just as long as they're adminstered in moderation.