Sunday, May 25, 2008

Six months

Wow. I am such a bad mom. Yesterday was Ella's six month birthday and I totally ignored it because you one-upped her with that whole song business.

But, yeah. Little Ella, or Beela as we call her, she's been around for half a year. And recently, she started showing her personality, and it's much different than yours.

You didn't smile a lot when you were a baby. And you didn't laugh, like genuinely laugh, until you were about a year old. I think it's because you feel comfortable only after you figure out how things work.
Ella is not like this. At least not that I can tell. She smiles all the time. And she laughs, too. Like actual crinkle-nosed laughs. She doesn't need to warm up at a party (most of the time) because she just goes with it. I mean, check out her body language in the picture above.

It's not all smiles, though. It takes her longer to do things than it took you. Obviously it took her longer to, like, be born (two weeks late). And she didn't learn to roll over until she was five months. We won't even talk about the sleeping.

The greatest thing, though, is that you two are interacting a little more. Tonight you fed her a bottle and she smiled so much that instead of the milk actually going in her mouth, it all ran down her chin. And at daycare, I had to leave Ella in her stroller while I backed the car out and when you saw I was moving the car without your sister sitting next to you, you screamed ELLA! ELLA! GET ELLA!

This is what I was hoping would happen. It's why you have a sister in the first place. So you guys can take care of each other when no one else can.



Happy Half Birthday, little Eela Beela.

1 comment:

Barbara Gavin said...

Four brand new Beans when I logged on this morning! What a great way to drink my coffee.