Thursday, May 8, 2008

Just like Mommy (please say this in the tune of "Just Like Honey" by Jesus and Mary Chain, thank you.)

I always assumed my laziness on all things domestic was due to how I was raised with housekeeper/nannies who made my bed and did my laundry for me.

But I see now that it is perhaps hereditary. My laziness was passed down to me by my Dad and I seem to have given the lazy gene to you.

Because yesterday, you threw a banana peel on the floor in a fit of babyrage and you refused to pick it up.
That resulted in your first "time-out" outside the confines of your crib. I put you on a bench and you actually sat there.

An hour later you spilled a million dried fruit pieces on the floor and, once again, I asked you to pick them up.

You looked at the mess.

You looked at me.

And you walked right over to the "time-out" bench ON YOUR OWN because there was no way in hell you were going to pick up all those dried, tiny blueberries.

3 comments:

susanne said...

who is jesus and mary chain?

nina said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pzn9pfWhn_I

M said...

hahahaa...

i just watched the video.

perfect.

suze! they need you!