Monday, July 21, 2008

The day we all broke down

I'm a big talker about how much I like toddlers and how I'd rather handle a room full of them over spending time with a newborn. But holy holy is Marina testing me on that theory.

Today Marina saw a Dora blanket. And she "needed" it.
Have you seen these Dora blankets? They are bright pink and pukey purple and feature a Dora with creepy eyes. Hell no, sister, that is not coming in the house. So instead of throwing herself on the floor as usual, Marina smacked my nose and pulled out my hair and screamed so loud I had to remove her from the store.

A few hours later, Ella's leg got squished by a chair and she screamed harder than she did when she got shots.

And before all this, I had to deal with an awkward situation that I will not discuss further because if there's anything I learned from Dooce, is that one must never, ever blog about what goes on between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.

3 comments:

Kim said...

I love that you read Dooce. I read her too. Dora's eyes ARE freaky!

Barbara Gavin said...

Thank you for introducing me to Dooce. Let me know if you figure out if it pronounced with one syllable or two.

Anonymous said...

hey....you dont know me...but i hit this button that says next blog and a few pages later....here is your blogging page. your stories are hilarious!! ever considered putting them altogether into a book? it could be called "the trials and tribulations of raising toddlers!!" instant hit, i assure you!! haha