Sunday, July 13, 2008

Warning: this is about poop

So, you would think that if a baby poops in the bath tub, it's a pretty ideal situation. I mean, they poop, they're already in soapy water so all the cleaning is done for you.
Today I found out it doesn't work like that.
One of the girls showed me just how mistaken I am about this theory. (I will not name names to avoid future humiliation. Also eliminating any chance of retaliation in the form of going to seedy Revolucion nightclubs in order to dance and drink away the pain because everyone knows she pooped in the tub.)

Yeah, so has a piece of poop ever touched your body? No? This is what it's like. You're just sitting there putting soap on babies, singing songs, making shampoo sculptures with hair AND THEN a little brown thing rolls on your leg when you lift up the child. You're like, is that . . .? A toy, maybe? A piece of soap that broke away? But deep down you know. Because as soon as it touched you, your entire body shuddered and felt very, very wrong.
And let me tell you that part of the reason one feels the need to think it's a toy or a piece of soap is because the sooner you realize what it is, the sooner you have to go through the cleansing process. The cleansing process involves Clorox, Clorox and those disinfectant wipe things. And that's just on my leg.
After that, you must clean the tub and all the toys and anything else within five feet of the poo.

All that and I still don't get to sleep in.

1 comment:

alex said...

drop the name. i just pooped in the tub yesterday, and i'm fine.