Friday, September 26, 2008

Getting ooooold

This post is dedicated to Kim Stoutamire for nudging me into updating . . .

I'm going to be 35 in, like, 3 weeks. Thirty five. I think that's the first time I said it out loud. Or out loud on the computer, whatever, you know what I mean.

When one is 35, they are no longer young. They aren't just 30 or early 30s. They are straight-up mid-30s and next comes late 30s and after that is 40 which = middle age. You want to know how I know this? Whenever you fill out a survey or questionnaire they have those boxes that ask your age and you can pick 18 to 24; 25 to 34; 35 to 45.

Do you see my new category?? It's not good.

I can talk about how I've done a lot of cool things in my life, like going to the Oscars a bunch or being able to score great seats at concerts. But there's no denying it now. Come October 15 I will be old. And none of those aforementioned cool things will change the fact. Not even my intense knowledge of Gossip Girl and The Hills will get me out of this one.

2 comments:

susanne said...

You might now understand the other category a little further down the list. 55-65.

Kim said...

So funny that you mentioned the boxes. The other day my hand stuttered when filling out a form. Thanks for dedicating the post to me. Seriously, I read your blog every morning! You and Dooce. :)