Sunday, September 28, 2008

Bed time and a picture unrelated to bed time

It's just before 8 p.m. and Marina is in her bed. Whining.
The last few weeks she's been doing that thing where she tries anything to get out of bed time.

First she used to say she was hungry. And that was a good card to play because she never eats, so we're always really sensitive to food issues. So she'd be all, "I'm hungry." The intelligent part of my brain knew what she was trying to do. But the mom part was like: maybe she is really hungry and if I don't feed her I will be starving her and causing her body to rot. Obviously that side wins and I take her to the table and she just sits there staring at her food, sometimes doing her dramatic thing where she covers her mouth with both hands.

Then she started saying she had "a poop." She never did.

Lately we've been having arguments about the light in her room. She has this light ball under her bed with a dimmer. If she doesn't get to dim it to her specifications she will scream in her bed until I come in and let her move the dimmer thing (and I only come in because I don't want Ella to wake up, not because I'm a pushover).

Last night she actually dimmed it all the way off, so we were both happy. Tonight, she turned the light on full blast.
"Not a little bit of light, Mommy."

Of course, I turned it to the appropriate level of sleep light. And that's why she's in her room, whining. Oh, actually!! Not anymore!!

And just for fun, here is a picture. Well, it's actually a re-post from Facebook. But most of the familial readers do not have Facebook accounts and they are the ones who care most about this stuff.

2 comments:

M said...

oh, smooch! bells.

we love you, sweetie pie! —mops

M said...

and about beans. her father was a sleep resister. always. so finally, he didn't have "bedtime" -- he had "just be IN the bed time...."