Friday, October 10, 2008

Nothing a bit of frosting can't fix

I had a craptacular week. Let's break it down.

Monday: One of my articles caused a shit storm.

Tuesday: Dealt with the shit storm, which included speaking with an overly opinionated cop.

Wednesday: Got sick. Spilled hot coffee on myself while driving Diana's super clean Lexus. Went to the wrong movie screening. Thought about my sins for Yom Kippur.

Thursday: Felt even more sick. Mom got vertigo while Marina was sleeping over. Went to the right movie screening. Told stories to Marina at midnight because she was still a little freaked out by the vertigo incident.

Friday: Forgot my glasses because I was overly tired. Moped.

But yesterday, I came home to find this:



Marina made it for me. (With Diana's help, of course. And thanks to the Samloff's tradition of sending me a confetti cake every year.)

It really was enough to make the rest of the stuff seem inconsequential.

4 comments:

Darlene said...

Happy Birthday, Nina!

Barbara Gavin said...

That is the most beautiful cake I have ever seen in my life.

kel said...

Ummm...my birthday is coming up. Does she deliver? Oh, yeah. And, happy birthday!

Kim said...

I LOVE THE CAKE!!