Monday, February 4, 2008

Nineteen Months


This last month was your month of language.

You've been saying words for a while now, but just recently you started putting them together. Most of the time it sounds like: Amani upati Ila Biila Doggie??

This is all very cute. You are pretty much a commercial for wonderful, sweet babies. Like, in my imagination, when I pictured having a kid, it said exactly, "Amani upati Ila Biila Doggie??"

My imaginary child, did not however have tantrums. And definitely not the HOUR-long ones you've treated me to.

One started because I didn't let you eat cereal in the bath tub.
I didn't know kids could cry that hard and that long. I really expected your blood vessels to explode and I'm totally not just saying that for the sake of creating a metaphor. I really did watch your veins in your head get bigger and bigger until I had to just walk away.
But all the literature out there says that you throw such tantrums because you love me. If you didn't love me, the experts say, you wouldn't feel comfortable enough to "let it all out."

So, thank you for all the love, Beans. I love you back just as much.

2 comments:

AudreyO said...

I stumbled onto your blog doing a search. What a neat idea to blog about your baby. I have scrapbooks that I made for both of my kids, but not blogs. My kids love their albums!!

Audrey :)

Barbara Gavin said...

Maybe it is time for you to throw a tantrum. Show Marina how much you love her and hwo safe you feel around her?