Friday, November 21, 2008

Grown up parties = life changing

First: I know, I know. I failed the blog a day challenge already. But I will continue on as if nothing happened, so ssssh.

This is the story of how Marina gave up diapers.

Last week, Kyle and Erin had a BBQ at their house. A grown-up BBQ. Matt was all tired and crabby so I decided to leave him at home and just take Marina. There was a treehouse there, afterall.

For some reason, Marina decided she wanted to wear underwear to the "grown up party." She never wears underwear. She fights me about it all the time.

So, uh, okay. Underwear. I brought extra clothes and we went.

I took her to the bathroom soon after we got there and she was very impressed with how pretty it was. There was a candle in the bathroom! And flowers! Wow! So very grown up!

And that was it. She gave up diapers. She doesn't even want them to sleep, which is its own stressful issue on my end.

But I totally didn't expect it to happen like that. I thought we'd be fighting all the time. That we'd have to go through a Pull-Ups phase. That we'd have to rent the Elmo Potty Movie a bunch of times.

I mean, we've been trying to potty train for a while, but I wouldn't exactly say we were trying trying.

Also, for those moms who are going to hate me, I'm not saying that she is totally potty trained, either. She's just given up diapers. That's a HUGE difference.

We have plenty of accidents. Enough that I had to buy two 10-packs of baby Fruit-of-the-Looms.

But they are grown-up accidents, not baby ones. And that's a whole new adventure for us.

No comments: